Friday, September 5, 2014

[A Breaking Fall]



---


Ticking clock and a broken wall

Down a green and dusty hall

Grasping a ticket, red tattered shawl

Tight wound ropes and a breaking fall



She held a red rose and a dirty rope

I tried to speak but her face said stop

Growing a tree so its fruit will drop

Unwinding the woven, from bottom to top



Deep words unspoken the race began

The further I reached the faster she ran

I spun the top, and it fell towards land

Stopped, she extended a broken hand



Tears collecting, start a pond 

Turns to yellow, way beyond

Rip the curtain, tear the fronds

Unbraid the braids and burst the bonds



Broken tear drops, shattered lies

Throw it wide into the skies 

Why they wait I can't surmise 

Holding back, they look so wise



I held a key at dead of night 

Dropped the shadows, hid the light 

Clothed in sorrow, veils of white

We melted quickly out of sight 



Twisting stories, tales of woe

Down to caverns deep they go

Color black and reasons know

Life will hide what death will show



--

No comments:

Post a Comment